Junior Video Editor
Agency: Dreww Media inc
Job Title: Junior Video Editor
Direct Supervisor: Director of Film Productions
Term: 3 month contract starting July 4th
Workplace: Dreww Headquarters in Griffintown
Salary: Based on Experience
About DrewwDreww is an audience-first full-service advertising agency and production studio based in Montreal, Canada. Dreww is a collective of highly talented multidisciplinary digital natives, all working together as one, to propel brands online.
What makes us different from all other agencies and studios
We Are Digital NativesOur core team is composed primarily of digital natives who grew up online and live in the social ecosystems that brands want to be relevant in. As much as we play on the world wide web, we are also friends, acquaintances and colleagues with many of the thought leaders and influential content creators that make up the fabric of these social ecosystems.
We Are A Multi-disciplinary CollectiveA successful digital communications campaign requires multiple types of creative skill sets to come together and work as one to propel a brand online. We bring producers, strategists, filmmakers, photographers, web designers, social media managers, ad buyers, publicists, influence campaign managers, and copywriters together to create amazing work for our clients.
We Believe In an Audience-first ApproachWe know what inspires our client’s target audience, how to speak their language and where they hang out online. And we also know what kind of content they care about and how to introduce them to our client’s brand in order to make a memorable first impression.
Profile of our ideal candidate
Dreww is looking for a junior editor with a basic to intermediate understanding of editing. The digital native we are looking for must have intermediate knowledge in Adobe Premiere, and preferably the entire Adobe Suite. This candidate must be eager to learn and grow alongside our experienced veteran editors, on all forms of content including short form social content, and various forms of web branded content.
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Organize project files and footage based on internal procedures.
- Watch all footage and make selections of the best takes.
- Assemble footage based on the established vision.
- Add sound effects, music, and title cards.
- Placing LUTs and handling basic colour correction.
- Export deliverables with various codecs into various formats and sizes.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of video editing workflows
- Basic to Intermediate working knowledge of Adobe Premiere
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Audition and Lightroom.
- Sense of pacing and sound design for a variety of differing projects
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior time management skills
- Professional written/spoken French and English
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Resourceful and self-directed team player
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Willingness to learn and keep up with trends in video editing
Other requirements for the job
- A valid driver’s license (an asset)
- A car