Social Media Manager
Agency: Dreww Media inc
Job Title: Social Media Manager ("SMM")
Direct Supervisor: Olivia Rijntjes, Director of Agency
Term: Full-time, permanent
Workplace: Office in Griffintown, Montreal
Salary: 40k-60k based on experience
About DrewwDreww is an audience-first full-service advertising agency and production studio based in Montreal, Canada. Dreww is a collective of highly talented multidisciplinary digital natives, all working together as one, to propel brands online.
What makes us different from all other agencies and studios
We Are Digital NativesOur core team is composed primarily of digital natives who grew up online and live in the social ecosystems that brands want to be relevant in. As much as we play on the world wide web, we are also friends, acquaintances and colleagues with many of the thought leaders and influential content creators that make up the fabric of these social ecosystems.
We Are A Multi-disciplinary CollectiveA successful digital communications campaign requires multiple types of creative skill sets to come together and work as one to propel a brand online. We bring producers, strategists, filmmakers, photographers, web designers, social media managers, ad buyers, publicists, influence campaign managers, and copywriters together to create amazing work for our clients.
We Believe In an Audience-first ApproachWe know what inspires our client’s target audience, how to speak their language and where they hang out online. And we also know what kind of content they care about and how to introduce them to our client’s brand in order to make a memorable first impression.
Profile of our ideal candidate
The digital native we are looking for grew up with their phone in their hands and frequently uses social media platforms such as Instagram, Tiktok, Youtube, and Facebook. We are looking for someone who has an excellent sense of design, aesthetics, and customer service skills. We are looking for someone who enjoys using canvas to create the perfect Instagram Story as well as someone who is obsessed with producing short-form videos for Tiktok and Instagram Reels. In a perfect world, we are looking for someone who is a passionate foodie and knowledgeable with regard to the food and beverage industry as this is the primary industry of our clientele.
The candidate we are looking for does not need to have previous agency experience and/or could have just graduated. This is an entry-level or mid-level position and our team will gladly teach you our ways of working.
Job Description / Responsibilities
Social Media Management
- SMM is responsible for developing the social media strategy alongside the strategist for various clients.
- SMM is responsible for building and maintaining a content calendar for various clients’ social media accounts.
- SMM is responsible for developing a tone of voice for our client’s social media accounts.
- SMM is responsible for scheduling / posting the content from the calendar to the relevant platforms.
- SMM is responsible for engaging with the online community we are building for our clients.
- SMM is responsible for engaging and interacting with relevant industry influencers/opinion leaders via our client’s social media accounts.
Tiktok & Instagram Reels Production
- SMM will work hand in hand with the Tiktok and Reels Producer to bring short-form videos to life for our various clients.
- SMM will assist the Tiktok and Reels Producer in the execution of various tasks during pre-production, production, and post-production. This can involve brainstorming ideas for new videos, contributing to the art direction, shopping for props, spending a day helping the production team on set, etc.
- SMM will work hand in hand with the Photo Producer to bring photos to life for our various clients.
- SMM will assist the Photo Producer in the execution of various tasks during pre-production, production, and post-production. This can involve building a mood board, contributing to the shot list, contributing to the art direction, shopping for props, spending a day helping the production team on set, etc.
- SMM is responsible for compiling quarterly reports for clients showing key metrics using platforms reporting platforms such as Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Instagram Insights, and other reporting tools at the agency’s disposal.
- Impeccable written/spoken French and English
- Strong ability to build relationships with clients, employees, partners
- Superior knowledge of social media platforms for brand building
- Expertise in graphic design using platforms such as Canva or Photoshop
- Expertise using a phone to create beautiful media content for social media
- A superior eye for design and esthetic in all facets of creative arts
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail
- Superior time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work flexible hours remotely
- Resourceful and autonomous team player
- Capacity to work independently and autonomously
- Willingness to learn and stay updated with digital marketing trends
- Deeply passionate about marketing, branding, and social media
Other requirements for the job
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Having a car is a plus